Mladošću u mojoj krvi kitno's schermafbeelding
    Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Nog wat transfernieuws.

The defender had been on loan at Vasco from Desportivo Brasil, and his solid performances alongside Dede had seen him touted for a potential call up to the Brazil squad.

Some sources are speculating that the move is merely to facilitate Martins joining Paris St Germain, who are Qatari-owned, next year.

Martins will be replaced by Renato Silva in the Vasco line-up for Sunday's game against Flamengo.
    Internacional want big money for Leandro Damiao

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi says that it will take an 'abnormal offer' to pry in-demand striker Leandro Damiao away from the club.
    The 22-year-old has been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, but Luigi is determined to hang on to his star man and told Radio Gaucha that Damiao would not be leaving on the cheap.

"I will only sell him if an abnormal offer comes along," said Luigi. "Right now, we understand it is still too soon for him to leave. Damiao's price has gone up every week, after every game."

Damiao has been named in Mano Menezes' Brazil squad for the friendly against Ghana on September 5, and has scored 34 goals in all competitions for Internacional in 2011.
    Tim Vickery Blog.

Can Brazil's youngsters make it at senior level?

It may have been intentional. It may have been an attempted cross. Either way, Oscar’s extra time effort drifted in at the far post and ensured that Brazil won the 2011 World Youth Cup.
    True, there was some luck along the way, especially in the quarter final against Spain, but also in the semi against Mexico – and Portugal in the final had chances to claim the title. The truth is, though, that winning the trophy was a superb achievement from coach Ney Franco and his team – it is worth bearing in mind that the two star players of this age group, Neymar and Lucas, were not even in Colombia, both having already been promoted to Brazil’s senior ranks.

In their absence Ney Franco came up with an interesting collective formula. The 4-2-3-1 formation was quickly abandoned. Instead his team started the game playing 4-4-2 and then made a switch in the second half. “Our strategy,” he explained towards the end of the competition, “is to start the game with physically strong players, and then, in the second half, bring on quick players to finish off the opposition.” This entailed a change to a back three, with Casemiro dropping to the heart of the defence and right back Danilo moving into central midfield, while Negueba came on to fly down the right flank while Dudu was introduced to do the same down the left. It was risky – Brazil came close to losing as Portugal exploited the space behind Juan, uncomfortable when pushed out on the left side of the back three. But fortune favoured the boldness of Franco, with Negueba and Dudu time and time again proving decisive in their role as impact substitutes.

Franco is aware, though, that the success of his work in charge of the Under-20 side will not primarily be judged by the trophies won or even the collective blend of the team. The main purpose is to produce players for the senor side.

Brazil coach Mano Menezes made this very clear last year. Right from the start of his reign he was making the point that the Under-20s were not functioning to a satisfactory level because not enough players were progressing through the ranks to become successful with the senior side.

His observation is confirmed by a glance at the previous two Brazil squads to have won the World Youth Cup. Of the 1993 team, goalkeeper Dida was the only one to make a significant contribution to the selecao. Daniel Alves is the most important graduate from the 2003 winners, who also included Nilmar, and three other fringe members of the squad Brazil are taking to London to face Ghana – Jefferson, Adriano Correa and Fernandinho. Central midfielder Dudu Cearense was a key player in that side, and for a while was seen as a big hope at senior level. Carlos Alberto Parreira quickly promoted him to the senior squad, and in the early days of his reign Dunga also gave him some opportunities.

The player, though, was unable to make the breakthrough, and was soon forgotten. This is always likely to happen. Some players are simply unable to live up to their potential. And in a country such as Brazil, which produces so many players, it is inevitable that some Under-20 stars go on to be overtaken by late developers. In terms of producing players for the senior side, it is unfair to compare the success rate of Brazil’s Under-20s with that of Uruguay, for example.

But there was clearly a feeling that Brazil could be doing better. There was also a suspicion that Brazil were making a mistake by entrusting the Under-20 team to young, inexperienced coaches – a temptation always existed for the coach to make a name for himself by taking a short cut, picking big, precociously developed, strong players to gain a physical advantage.

This was one of the reasons behind the choice of Ney Franco – a coach with massive youth development experience, but one who has also made a name for himself in charge of major Brazilian clubs.

These, then, were the terms on which Franco took the job, and it is by these standards that he will have to be judged – which means that any definitive verdict on the class of 2011 will have to wait a few years, until we see how many of this team are making an impact at senior level.

He can already claim one success – not Neymar, who had represented Brazil at full level before working with Franco at the start of the year in the South American Under-20 Championships. Lucas of Sao Paulo did so well in that competition , staged in Peru, that he was immediately promoted – to my mind a premature decision by Mano Menezes. For what it is worth, my view is that Lucas would have benefited more from playing in the World Youth Cup than from going to the Copa America as a substitute. But Ney Franco played his part, grooming the player with the Under-20s.

How many more of Franco’s boys will make the big time? Danilo has already been called up as part of the squad to face Ghana at the start of next month. Clearly, his claims have been helped by his versatility, his capacity to play in midfield as well as right back. On similar grounds, Casemiro might also hope for a promotion before too long, since he sprung a surprise by filling in well in defence in addition to his normal midfield duties.

The rest? A mistake in the final apart, keeper Gabriel did exceptionally well, and showed admirable maturity for the youngest member of the team. Centre back Bruno Uvini looked to have made progress since the qualification tournament in Peru.

Even before his three goals in the final, Oscar was my choice for Brazil’s player of the tournament. Will he be able to tip the balance at senior level? I am not yet convinced, and much the same applies to Philippe Coutinho. Henrique is a talented striker. Is he too petulant to make his mark at senior level? Are Negueba and Dudu going to be more than exciting impact substitutes?

These are all fascinating questions – it is going to be fun watching the 2011 generation go in search of even bigger mountains to climb than the one they scaled last Saturday in Bogota.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Sao Paolo takes over at top of table

The hosts made a flying start when Lucas scored in the opening minute and, while Atletico levelled through Rever on 10 minutes, Dagoberto clinched the win on the hour.

Atletico's hopes of recovering for a second time were undermined by LeonardoSilva's 79th-minute dismissal.

Sao Paulo are now a point clear at the top although they have played a game more than Corinthians and in-form Botafogo, who thrashed Ceara 4-0.

Botafogo's fourth successive win was built on German Herrera's double either side of the break.

Sebastian Abreu and Cidinho added further goals as Ceara, who had Fabricio sent off just before half-time, were cast aside.

Internacional scored three times inside the opening 15 minutes as they beat bottom-placed America MG 4-2 to end their four-game winless streak.

The Porto Alegre side were in control thanks to the early strikes from Rodrigo Moleda (two minutes), Leandro Damiano (eight) and Andres D'Alessandro (14).

Andre Dias (24) replied for America as a six-goal half was completed by Oscar (34) and Kempes (36).

Santos recovered from a goal down to beat Avai 2-1 with two late goals.

Avai went ahead through William's 33rd-minute penalty but Santos stormed ahead when Borges (70) and Felipe Anderson (76) struck in quick succession.

Struggling Atletico Paranaense showed plenty of spirit to earn a point against Palmeiras.

Buss Henrique gave Palmeiras - beaten in just four of their previous 21 games - a 14th-minute lead in Curitiba.

Although Joffre Gueron levelled in the 34th minute, the home side were up against it when Cleber Santana was dismissed two minutes later.

Jose De Santana restored Palmeiras' lead in the 52nd minute - but the second from bottom home side grabbed a point with Marcinho's penalty 20 minutes from time.

Mid-table Atletico Goianiense and Figueirense shared two goals, with Silva Wellington giving Figueirense a 10th-minute lead, only for Santos Agenor to level four minutes later.

Fluminense secured a 2-1 win at Cruzeiro, with Fred (34) and Marquinho (62) putting the visitor in charge, before Walter Montillo replied (69) for the host.

La Nostra Unica Fede MAGICA's schermafbeelding
    Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Rogerio Ceni plays his 1,000th game for Sao Paulo

“This here is my life. Thank you. I love you.” – Rogerio Ceni to the Sao Paulo fans on making his 1,000th appearance for the club.

Some records are not just impressive but down right ridiculous and when Rogerio Ceni retires he will have left some incredible statistics. Not only does Ceni score goals from set-pieces (his current tally stands at 102) but on Wednesday night he made his 1,000th appearance for Sao Paulo.

To put it in perspective, Ryan Giggs has made 878 appearances for Manchester United and could struggle to hit 900. Of course, Ceni is a keeper which makes it easier to rack up a huge number of games but he is showing no signs of slowing up. The 38-year-old has played 21 of 22 Campeonato Brasileiro games in 2011.

Ceni was rarely called upon in a comfortable home win for Sao Paulo, who triumphed 2-1 over Atletico-MG and could do little about the goal he conceded from a corner. The Morumbi Stadium was jam packed, paying homage to Ceni, who received a plaque before kick off and did a lap of honour at full time.

Putting it all in perspective is that Ceni will likely be around for a few years yet.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Neymar is toch echt een speler waar voor je naar het stadion gaat!

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Neymar heeft zich van zijn slechtste kant laten zien.

Laatst gewijzigd door kitno; 13 september 2011 om 14:15

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Zojuist nog even deze wedstrijd teruggekeken, en Rhodolfo maakt tegen Botafogo een uitermate zwakke indruk. Bij de eerste tegengoal staat hij niet al te oplettend te verdedigen, en hij leek de rest van de wedstrijd ook niet geconcentreerd, en qua positionering vind ik hem ook zwak. Ik zal hem de komende tijd nog wat intensiever gaan volgen, en eerdere wedstrijden die ik van hem zag speelde hij een stuk sterker. Misschien heeft deze prestatie te maken met de transferperikelen rondom zijn persoon.

São Paulo heeft natuurlijk met Lucas een geweldenaar in de ploeg, en ook is Rivaldo ondanks zijn leeftijd nog steeds erg belangrijker voor de ploeg.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Showing great defending, heading and marking abilities, and even at such a young age, being a regular starter and improving all the time. This is the life of Anderson Silva, or rather, Dede, defender for Brazil and Vasco.

Labelled the "legend" by Vasco fans, Dede has been outstanding since last year as the best player of a club in a remarkable recovery. After relegation to Serie B in 2008, the club was promoted back to A in 2009, and won the Copa do Brasil earlier this year. This ensured qualification to the Copa Libertadores, and now Vasco are fighting for the title of the Brasileirão. All of this was achieved with Dede in the side.

After his success with Vasco, during which Dede was always one of the best defenders on the field, he attracted the attention of Mano Menezes, and was called for the friendly against Germany. Dede did not play, but impressed the management. He was summoned again for the friendly against Ghana, and should be in the squad for the Copa Rocca, when Brazil face Argentina and are only able to select domestic based players.

This week, before heading to London to join up with the Seleção, Dede spoke exclusively with Sambafoot and discussed his career, Vasco, the Brazilian team, the 2014 World Cup and of course Ricardo Gomes.

Dede, our site has readers in Spain, France and England interested in Brazilian football. When you were first called up for Brazil,, everyone started asking the writers here in Brazil, "Dede? Who is this?" I then ask the question for you to begin: Who is Dede?

I am a quiet guy who always kept his feet on the ground, and worked hard to try to succeed with a career in football.

You started at Volta Redondo, in Rio. How important is the city and the club to your life?

Both were important, but the city much more. Being close to the river, any little break allowed me to go to Volta Redonda, which is my hometown. Most of my friends and family are there. The club was also important, as it opened the door to an opportunity, but it was also there that one of the hardest moments of my career took place, when I was unfairly sacked. The players went to the management to say that what they were doing was crazy. I think now the club recognises my potential.

You began playing with Vasco when they were in Serie B. Did you appreciate the size of the club even at that time? Even though you didn't play much, how did you feel about winning the title?

I always knew about the greatness of Vasco, but if I had played more when we won the title, it would no doubt have been better for me.

And come 2010, you broke into the team and the crowd fell in love with you. You are called "The Legend". How is that for you?

I'm far from a legend! (laughs). But it is nice to feel the love from the fans, and I try to reciprocate that passion by playing well.

The way the fans treat you is very reminiscent of the way the crowd of Fluminense idolised Thiago Silva, who today is a regular for Brazil and plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Do you want to achieve something similar?

He is the best centre-back in the world at the moment. I model myself on him, and hope that like him, at the right time I can have a great career in Europe.

Speaking of which, what have your experiences been like with Brazil, with your fellow defenders? There are players with different stories: Lucio is very experienced, while Thiago Silva is younger but has some experience.

The time spent with the Seleção is short. For now, I listen more than I talk, but I am still talking. But I have been able to listen to their advice and their experiences. The team environment is very good.

Would the team have a better chance of winning the 2014 World Cup with you in the back four?

If I get in the group that will fight to make history, I will be satisfied.

And your relationship with Mano, how is it?

Again, very good. He talked to me a lot, and is also the coach who gave me my first call-up. I will never forget this.

Football in Rio has many Seleção representatives: yourself for Vasco, Ronaldinho for Flamengo, Jefferson for Botafogo and Fred for Fluminense. It also has three teams fighting for the title, and the clubs have won three major titles in the last two years. How do you explain this success?

Rio clubs are starting to invest, and be more professional in some departments that are important for the team. I think some clubs in Brazil, like Cruzeiro, Inter and Sao Paulo, for example, has been adopting this stance a few years ago. So they began to reap the results before the clubs of Rio.

And what about Vasco's success?

The team is very good. The coach knows us all and what has to be done.

Ricardo Gomes is vital to this process. How has his illness affected the team?

Very much so. Ricardo is like a father to us. We know he can get the best out of us. All the players are very upset about what happened, and we all hope he will soon recover.

You already said you want to play in Europe, but also want to stay at Vasco for the 2012 Copa Libertadores. Your contract runs until 2014 with Vasco, but a transfer can happen then. Do you think it would be easier to be summoned to the 2014 World Cup as a player at Vasco or at a European club?

My desire is to defend Vasco for a long time, but it is very difficult to see the future now. Some things change throughout the course of planning.

Do you have a preferred championship? English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese?

I like the Spanish and Italian leagues.

Finally, for a high level player like you, the possibility of playing a World Cup at home; is that the kind of thing you dream about?

Yes, but for now it is still just a dream. I know that I am being watched for this, but I prefer to think about that closer to the competition.
    Voor mij het grootste talent centraal achterin dat er in de Braziliaanse competitie speelt. Gisteren tegen de Argentijnen ook een van de uitblinkers.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door MAGICA Bekijk bericht
    Haha de trucjesdoos ging weer open bij Neymar. Hij is wel een speler waarvoor je naar het stadion komt, maar ik vind hem nog steeds zwaar overschat door de media. Verder zijn ze daar bij Santos ook heel goed in, want indien je daar een talent bent wordt je meteen vergeleken met Pelé. Gisteren hebben ze trouwens met 3-2 verloren. Danilo viel al naar een kwartier uit met een blessure.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door kitno Bekijk bericht
    Haha de trucjesdoos ging weer open bij Neymar. Hij is wel een speler waarvoor je naar het stadion komt, maar ik vind hem nog steeds zwaar overschat door de media. Verder zijn ze daar bij Santos ook heel goed in, want indien je daar een talent bent wordt je meteen vergeleken met Pelé. Gisteren hebben ze trouwens met 3-2 verloren. Danilo viel al naar een kwartier uit met een blessure.
    Vind het ook een leuke speler maar of hij het nu al in Europa gaat redden betwijfel ik eerlijk gezegd.
    Ronaldinho kan trouwens terug naar Europa het Turkse Galatasaray zou hem graag binnen halen.

Iaquinta's schermafbeelding
    Aangemeld
    8 juni 2009
    Leeftijd
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Deze wedstrijd overigens met een schuin oogje gekeken en zo bijzonder vond ik Neymar niet.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Vind het ook een leuke speler maar of hij het nu al in Europa gaat redden betwijfel ik eerlijk gezegd.
    Ronaldinho kan trouwens terug naar Europa het Turkse Galatasaray zou hem graag binnen halen.
    Ik verwacht dat Ronaldinho niet meer terugkeert in Europa opa. Hij heeft bij Flamengo ook een vorstelijk salaris, en is dicht bij zijn familie en vrienden.

Neymar zal zeer waarschijnlijk het WK voor clubteams in Januari nog met Santos spelen, en ik denk pas in de zomer de overstap naar Europa maken. Het zou me niets verbazen als het transferbedrag ruim 50 miljoen gaat zijn, en dan lacht Santos natuurlijk iedereen uit.

Lucas zou ik graag in Europa aan het werk zien, en ik verwacht dat hij een mooiere loopbaan gaat krijgen dan Neymar.

Aangemeld
    2 oktober 2011
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Wat vind je van Leandro Damiao? En die Danilo, is dat een rechtsback of rechtsmid? Zelf zie ik Dinho bij Arsenal nog een jaar of twee aan het werk

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Ronaldo names Leandro Damião as his successor

In an interview for ESPN on Wednesday, ex-Brazil star Ronaldo spoke positively of the new striking star of Brazilian football: Leandro Damião.
    Ronaldo spoke enthusiastically about the Internacional striker, who 'El Fenómeno' was happy to tip as his successor.

"He is a great player, great quality, very strong, very good in the air, something I never had," enthused Ronaldo.

"I think with time he will come through and we will have a great goal supply."

Ronaldo also reiterated his view that Neymar must make the move to Europe to continue his development.

"Neymar has to move to bigger things for him to conquer the world. If he plays in Europe as he is playing in Brazil, without doubt he will be very soon be the world's best," Ronaldo continued.

"I do not decide for him. If Neymar were to ask for my opinion, it would be for him to go to Europe and choose the best team for him.

"I hope Neymar is wise. He can not be limited only to Brazil."

Neymar is a member of the Brazil squad to face Costa Rica on Friday, whilst Leandro Damião is currently absent with injury.
    Neymar Disputes Ronaldo Claims

At the Rock n' Rio festival on Sunday night, Neymar appeared on TV Globo to take part in a brief interview for the Domingão do Faustão programme.
    When asked about former-Brazil striker Ronaldo's claims that Neymar must leave Santos, as he is 'limited in Brazil', the youngster was categorical with his response.

"I did not sign with anyone," Neymar stated adamently. I am commited to Santos and this is where I will stay."

Neymar had been linked heavily with a move to either Real Madrid or Barcelona in recent weeks, but the Brazil star is seemingly determined to stay in Brazil.

On his long term plans, Neymar was equally clear: "My dream is to win the 2014 World Cup, before all the Brazilian people."

It remains to be seen where he will be plying his day-to-day trade come 2014, with the odds heavily against it being in Brazil.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Blijft toch leuk om Neymar in actie te zien!

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Ganso: "I dream of playing Barcelona"

Ganso has been sidelined with injury since Brazil played Ghana on September 5th - Action Images
    Paulo Henrique Ganso has been talking at a charity event in São Paulo about the Club World Cup in December and his contractual status at Santos.
    "I have dreamed about facing Barcelona in the final of the Club World Cup," says the player who turns 22 this week. "I hope we reach the final."

Ganso, who has been striken by injury in recent times for the third time in just eighteen months was unwilling to commit to signing a new Santos deal in January, however indicated he will at least remain with the club for their centenary year in 2012.

"There is a chance [of a renewal]. The president (of Santos, Luis Alvaro Ribeiro) came to talk to me recently, but said it was not the time.

"Santos are preparing for the World Cup, so I think the correct time is in January."

"I'm sure I'll be there [next year] because I have a contract until 2015. It is the centenary year, a historic year for the club and I want to be present.

"When to leave? I will make this decision much later. I am just thinking about returning first."
    Milan eye up new Brazil star Jefferson
    Brazilian news giant Terra is reporting that Italian champions AC Milan are eyeing up several top players from the Campeonato Brasileiro, with goalkeeper Jefferson the number one target.
    Terra is a fairly reliable source of transfer news and the network report that Milan have had scouts in Brazil in recent weeks to observe Jefferson, as well as Cortês, Elkeson, Dedé and Casemiro - four of the country's brightest young talents.

Jefferson and Dedé are current members of the Brazilian squad, with the 28-year-old Botafogo goalkeeper was in fine form on Tuesday night against Mexico as he looks to challenge Júlio César for his number 1 shirt.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Santos heeft zojuist de uitwedstrijd tegen Atletico MG verloren, en in de slotfase kreeg de ontzettend zwak spelende Neymar nog een rode kaart.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Santos heeft zojuist de uitwedstrijd tegen Atletico MG verloren, en in de slotfase kreeg de ontzettend zwak spelende Neymar nog een rode kaart.
    Tja dat zijn de twee gezichten van Neymar lijkt toch wel erg op Ronaldo(Real) weet niet of het een succes is om twee van zulke gasten in een elftal te hebben.
    Trainer was ook niet echt blij met de actie van Neymar zo te zien.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Flamemgo met 0-1 gewonnen van Ceara, en Ronaldinho kreeg in het begin van de 2e helft een rode kaart.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Ganso set to return against Flamengo?

After nearly two months out injured, Ganso could take the field once more against Flamengo this weekend.
    The 22-year-old ruptured his thigh muscle against Ghana on September 5th, but now looks set to make a shock come back for Santos, well ahead of schedule.

"The forecast is that I can turn against Flamengo on Sunday," Ganso told LANCENET!. "I hope everything goes right and I can be on the field, performing well."

However, for all Ganso and Muricy Ramalho's optimism, the club's fitness staff were quick to downplay the chances.

"No way. There is no chance, he hasn't even started to train with me, said Ricardo Rosa, the club's fitness coordinator.

LANCENET! also believes that Ganso will be 10 to 14 days before even being allowed to train with the ball and complete his rehabilitation, which should take approximately one month.
    Ze moeten in ieder geval hem niet te snel brengen. Groot nadeel van Ganso is zijn blessuregevoeligheid, en daarom zullen er ook diverse Europese topclubs zijn die de gok met hem niet aandurven. Qua voetballende kwaliteiten natuurlijk een van de grootste talenten in de Braziliaanse competitie, en je merkt ook duidelijk dat het niveau bij Santos omlaag gaat indien hij niet meespeelt.

Fred: "When this team comes together, we are hard to handle"

With Fluminense leading the second half of the Brazilian Championships, largely thanks to 13 goals in 14 games from striker Fred, the side have shot up to fifth spot and look set to mount a considerable title charge.
    Last season's champions remain just four points off top, occupying the fifth and final Libertadores spot for next season. However, Fred believes that the Tricolor can repeat their triumph once again.

"The whole group is very focused on our goals and, when this team comes together, we are hard to handle."

"I have been doing pretty well, just as the entire team has," said the Number 9 talking to Lance!

The striker also added that he believes Flu's remaining top-of-the-table clashes can play into their hands.

"We are close to the leaders and, due to the direct confrontations still ahead, we are content with this difference.

"I just hope we can keep up the pace and strength that we're showing."
    Stand na 30 wedstrijden in de Braziliaanse competitie.

1 Corinthians - 54
    2 Vasco da Gama - 54
    3 Botafogo - 52
    4 Flamengo - 51
    5 Fluminense - 50
    6 São Paulo FC - 48
    7 Internacional - 47
    8 Figueirense - 44
    9 Atlético Goianense - 42
    10 Grêmio - 42
    11 Coritiba - 41
    12 Palmeiras - 41
    13 Santos FC - 38
    14 Bahia - 36
    15 Ceará SC - 32
    16 Cruzeiro - 31
    17 Atlético Mineiro - 30
    18 Atlético Paranaense - 28
    19 Avaí - 26
    20 América Mineiro - 24

Scott's schermafbeelding
    Aangemeld
    2 december 2007
    Leeftijd
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Zat wat te speuren op het net, maar kan iemand me uitleggen waarom de man van 55 miljoen maar 6x heeft gescoord en focking 12de staat met zijn ploeg na 30 wedstrijden?

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Scott Bekijk bericht
    Zat wat te speuren op het net, maar kan iemand me uitleggen waarom de man van 55 miljoen maar 6x heeft gescoord en focking 12de staat met zijn ploeg na 30 wedstrijden?
    Hij staat daar vaak op de flank, en geeft redelijk wat assists op topscorer van de Braziliaanse competitie Humberto Borges. Ook is hij redelijk wat wedstrijden gespaard zodat hij uitgerust was voor de Copa Libertadores die ook door Santos gewonnen werd. Competitie werd hierdoor naar het tweede plan verwezen, en de grote namen kregen regelmatig rust.

Inmiddels staat Neymar op 11 treffers, want vorige week scoorde hij 1 keer, en vanavond 4 keer tegen Atletico PR.

Al vind ik het voorlopig ook een speler die teveel trucjes doet en niet efficient genoeg is om nu al bij een Europese topclub te slagen. Ik vind hem ook flink gehypt door de zogenaamde kenners, en voorlopig zie ik in hem niet een toekomstige wereldster.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Zojuist de wedstrijd Santos - Vasco Da Gama teruggekeken, en een zeer sterke partij van Santos. Neymar is de laatste weken in vorm, en scoort gemakkelijk ( Hij staat ook dieper dan eerder in het seizoen) en tegen Vasco had hij gelukkig amper fopduiken. Bruno Rodrigo die lange tijd op de bank zat was achterin een beest en speelde foutloos. Ganso ook weer terug van zijn blessure, maar ik vond hem niet al te sterk spelen, al gaf hij nog wel 2 fantastische passen waarbij Neymar 2 kansen kreeg, echter dat vind ik wel weer minder van Neymar, bij zijn afwerking wil hij het bijna altijd te mooi doen terwijl hij ook de simpele oplossing kan zoeken.

In de jeugd bij Santos lopen er ook nog 2 goede cv's rond: Vinicius Simon en Alemão.

De Braziliaanse selectie voor de wedstrijden tegen Gabon en Egypte:
    Neto - Fiorentina
    Diego Alves - Valencia
    Daniel Alves - Barcelona
    Fábio - Manchester United
    Thiago Silva - Milan
    David Luiz - Chelsea
    Luisão - Benfica
    Adriano - Barcelona
    Alex Sandro - Porto
    Lucas Leiva - Liverpool
    Sandro - Totenham Hotspur
    Fernandinho - Shakhtar Donestsk
    Elias - Sporting
    Hernanes - Lazio
    Luiz Gustavo - Bayern Munique ( zal de eerste wedstrijd niet meespelen door een blessure)
    Dudu - Dínamo de Kiev
    Bruno César - Benfica
    Willian - Shahtar Donetsk
    Hulk - Porto
    Jonas - Valencia
    Kleber - Porto
    Geen spelers dus uit de Braziliaanse competitie en deze namen uit de eigen competitie had ik er graag bijgezien: Dedé, Oscar, Damião en Bruno Cortes.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

In de jeugd bij Santos lopen er ook nog 2 goede cv's rond: Vinicius Simon en Alemão.
    Familie van deze grootheid opa?

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Leandro Damião becomes Ronaldo's latest client

Ronaldo-owned rights management company '9ine' have in the past 24 hours added Leandro Damião to their list of client - already containing Neymar, Ganso, Lucas Moura and UFC fighter Anderson Silva.

The company Ronaldo 9ine has offered another great Brazilian player by recruiting players from Internacional, Leandro Damião.Ronaldo has become a real businessman after his career as a professional footballer and has hired for his company 9ine another talented Brazilian striker Leandro Damião Internacional. Ronaldo's company will manage the player's image rights and to find any advertising partner interested in the Brazilian international. It's the same kind of contract that Ronaldo signed with the star of Santos, Neymar. Damião Leandro officer, Viniciu Prates nevertheless said the company 9ine will not interfere probable transfer of the player and not s to occupy that part advertising. " 9ine work on the part of rights management and image ads in the same way it does with the fact Neymar and Anderson Silva. At no time, there will of interference in the affairs of football. It's just to treat the image of Leandro Damião . " The player himself has confirmed this information via his Twitter account during the day Monday.Ronaldo has become an influential businessman since his retirement as a professional footballer and now controls the image rights for all his clients.

The contract is purely for making the most of image rights and there is no connection between 9ine and the players footballing affairs.

Leandro Damião himself confirmed the link-up via Twitter on Monday.
    Pelé compares Neymar to Maradona

In an interview with 'Programa do Jô' on Globo, Pelé has been discussing Neymar once more. This time comparing the cheeky Santos forward's talents to those of Messi and Maradona, whilst also denying that he has told Neymar to be violent on the pitch.
    "They talk about Maradona and Messi, but we have Neymar - he is a great talent to have.

"Santos is a factory of stars, creating several players without spending anything. It is a lucky team," said Pele - before denying he advised the current-Santos player to react violently when fouled.

"It's not about fighting back, it is about learning to defend himself.

"He is very skilled, he is the best player on the team, so of course will be marked. He has to learn to defend himself, " said the King.

Aangemeld
    8 juni 2009
    Leeftijd
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Apart dat Neto een uitnodiging krijgt. Hij is daar 2e keeper dacht ik achter Boruc.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Neymar signs new Santos deal until 2014

Neymar looks to have ended immediate speculation on his future by signing a new deal with Santos through to the end of the 2014 season.
    "I am very happy here," said the star. "I always said in every interview that I was happy to be near my friends and now, with my son, there is no happiness like signing a new deal."

It is thought that thanks to sponsorship tie-ups Neymar's contract will double to well in excess of £100,000 - a level previously unprecendented in South America.

Neymar would remain in Brazil until after the 2014 World Cup if he saw out the full duration of the contract, in what is a huge boost for the flourishing domestic league.

Pelé was known as 'the King' in Brazil, but as Neymar's shirt read at the press conference, 'It is good to be the King'.
    Paper reports that Deco to Corinthians is a 'done-deal'

B
    razilian newspaper Folha de São Paulo is reporting that Corinthians already have a deal in place to bring Deco to the Pacaembu in 2012.
    The paper reports that Deco's family are already searching for appartments in São Paulo, however Corinthians have denied any contact with the player.

Deco, 34, had previously stated his ambition to represent Fluminense in the 2012 Copa Libertadores and after only one year at the club, it remains to be seen how truthful the reports are.
    Internacional receive €40 million Leandro Damião bid

Internacional club President Giovanni Luigi has rubbished reports that Leandro Damião could be heading to Milan in January, stating that the Milanese simply cannot compete with an offer already on the table.
    The story emerged in various news outlets on Tuesday, backed-up with quotes from the Internacional President.

"I have an offer of €40m offer from a team in the Ukrainian league," said the Inter President, in what is a blow also to Tottenham Hotspur.

Questioned on whether that team was Brazilian-loving Shakhtar Donetsk, he said: "I cannot say. It is a delicate moment. I can only say he will not go to Milan for this reason.

"If Milan offered €40m we could talk about it, but there has been no contact. The only team that has shown real interest is from Ukraine."

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Zal Santos alleen maar meer geld gaan opleveren want tot 2014 blijft Neymar echt niet in Brazilie.
    Maar wel een mooi stukje clubliefde natuurlijk als je de club op deze manier nog meer miljoenen laat verdienen.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Zal Santos alleen maar meer geld gaan opleveren want tot 2014 blijft Neymar echt niet in Brazilie.
    Maar wel een mooi stukje clubliefde natuurlijk als je de club op deze manier nog meer miljoenen laat verdienen.
    Ik denk dat hij tot na het WK 2014 in eigen land bij Santos blijft opa. Pelé is zijn grote idool, en hij wil bij Santos in de voetsporen treden van deze legende. Verder hoeft hij nu ook gezien de sponsorinkomsten die fors zijn gestegen voor het geld niet naar Europa te gaan. Met zijn nieuwe contract en vooral de merchandising daarom heen verdient hij miljoenen, en hij voelt zich uitstekend thuis bij Santos. Neymar is daar de grote ster, en dat wil hij ook graag zijn, en bij een Europese topclubs zou hij een van de zoveel sterren zijn. Indien de Brazilianen het WK winnen in 2014, en hij nog bij Santos speelt dan zal hij daar een eeuwige legende zijn, en voor een deel in de voetsporen treden van Pelé.

Ik kijk uit naar het WK voor clubteams, want Santos en Neymar zullen alles er aan doen om dit WK rte winnen. Danilo mocht ook niet eerder dan na afloop van het WK voor clubteams bij Santos vertrekken.

Santos heeft verder ook geen reden om hem te verkopen, want met de merchandising zullen ze de komende jaren miljoenen incasseren, en de ploeg is financieel gezond.

Santos president, Luis Alvaro de Oliveria Ribeiro, believes keeping Neymar can make the Paulista club become the third most poplar club in Brazil.
    After the announcement of Neymar continuing with the club up untill the 2014 World Cup, Luis Ribeiro spoke of his dream to put Santos amongst the top three most poplar clubs in Brazil.

''We will be the third most poplar club in Brazil by 2014 and close to the two largest clubs (Flamengo and Corinthians).'' He continued, ''In the next ten years we want to be the most poplar.''

Santos are believed to currently hold the eighth largest fan base in Brazil, with approximately five million fans coming from Santos.
    Lucas wants Sao Paulo stay

On the same day Neymar confirmed he'll be staying with Santos up until the 2014 World Cup, Sao Paulo's Lucas also revealed his intention to remain in Brazil.
    Like Neymar, 19 year old Lucas Moura is wanted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe. Despite the temptation to play along side some of the biggest names in world football, Lucas revealed he is not willing to leave Brazil just yet.

''I don't think about it now,'' the Sao Paulo number 7 said. ''My head is focused here in Sao Paulo, in the last five league games, that will be the games of my life. I want to help Sao Paulo qualify for the Copa Libertadores''

Lucas' renewed his contract with Sao Paulo earlier on this year, with the deal running up until the end of 2015.

With five games remaining in the 2011 Brasileirao championship, Sao Paulo currently sit eighth in league, five points off fifth placed Flamengo. Providing Vasco finish in the top five, having already qualified for next year's Libertadores following their Copa do Brasil triumph, finishing fifth will guarentee Sao Paulo a chance to compete against South America's finest.

''We know that the Libertadores is a very important competition, every player wants to play in it. I'm no different, I want to compete in the best championships. I want to play my football here, win titles and build my story with Sao Paulo. When it's time to go, I will know, my parents will know. Now I want to help.''

Menezes confirms starting XI to face Gabon
    The Selecao head coach has confirmed his starting eleven for Thursdays friendly tie against Gabon.
    Brazil are scheduled to face Gabon on Thursday, 18:00 GMT, at the Stadium de la l'amitie Sino-Gabonaise in Libreville.

After Wednesday's training session, coach Mano Menezes confirmed his starting line up.

Starting XI: Diego Alves, Fabio, Luisao, David Luiz, Adriano; Sandro, Elias, Hernanes, Bruno Cesar; Jonas & Hulk.

Barcelona wing back, Daniel Alves is suspended for the game, following his sending off against Mexico in October.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Meestal gebeurt het andersom denk niet dat Neymar dit leuk vind.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Kwam deze goal tegen van Neymar wat een schitterende passeerbeweging voordat hij scoort.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Former Roma midfielder Mancini jailed for 32 months

Atlético Mineiro midfielder Mancini, formerly of Roma, Inter and AC Milan has been jailed in Italy for the rape of a Brazilian woman following a party hosted by Ronaldinho.
    The player has been sentenced to two years and eight months imprisonment by the Italian courts.

The incident occurred when both Mancini and Ronaldinho were playing at AC Milan and as Sambafoot previously reported, the winger was accused of taking advantage of a drunken Brazilian woman at a party, taking her to his apartment where the assault occurred.

Muricy announces Santos' 23 man squad for the FIFA World Club Cup

With no surprises, the Santos coach named his final twenty three, with Adriano (injury), Crystian, Eder Lima, Leandro Silva, Possebon, Breitner and Tiago Alves the only names failing to make the squad.
    Santos will travel to Japan on the 5th Decemeber and will then have nine days to prepare for their first game against the winners of the Quarter Final, which will be either Monterrey (MEX) Auckland (NZ) or the Japanese league champions - likely to be Gamba Osaka, Kashiwa Reysol or Nagoya Grampus.

Santos F.C FIFA World Club Cup squad:

Goalkeepers
    Rafael
    Aranha
    Vladimir

Defenders
    Bruno Aguiar
    Bruno Rodrigo
    Durval
    Edu Dracena
    Vinicius Simon
    Danilo
    Leo
    Para

Midfielders
    Anderson Carvalho
    Arouca
    Henrique
    Elano
    Felipe Anderson
    Ibson
    Paulo Henrique Ganso

Strikers
    Alan Kardec
    Borges
    Diogo
    Neymar
    Reteria

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Marcelinho arrested on suspicion of rape

The Sport Recife veteran, was arrested on Wednesday, after being accused of sexually assaulting a girl at a in Campina Grande, Paraiba.
    According to the Brazilian Civil Police, the player was arrested with a group of friends after a complaint from a girl accusing them of sexually abusing her.

Marcelinho and his friends were taken to police headquarters in handcuffs to provide information about the case on Wednesday morning.

In a statement to police, the alleged victim reported those involved were all drunk.

If proven guilty, the player could recieve a prison sentence that could last between six and ten years.
    Chelsea, Liverpool & Inter target Lucas Moura

Sao Paulo's young playmaker is attracting strong interest from some of the biggest clubs in Europe and has even begun to take English lessons.
    In an interview with British newspaper, the Sun, Lucas Moura's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, revealed the big three European clubs have been in contact, but only a enormous offer could persuade Sao Paulo to sell there super star midfielder in the January transfer window.

''Chelsea, Inter Milan and Liverpool have demanded details from me and Sao Paulo knows the situation,'' Ribeiro said.

''At the moment they are not interested. Perhaps in the summer they may negotiate but only an enormous offer could change things as I want continuity for the player for a couple of years.''

It was only last week that the nineteen year old midfielder himself told the Brazilian press he wanted to stay with Sao Paulo up until the 2014 World Cup.

PanchoVilla's schermafbeelding
    Aangemeld
    27 augustus 2011
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Die Braziliaanse competitie blijft een geval appart. Waar je in europa vaak al van te voren kunt zeggen welke 2 teams om de titel gaan strijden is het in Brazilie puur gissen. Vasco da Gama, 2 jaar terug nog een divisie lager, seizoen daarna 11de en nu titelkandidaat (al denk ik dat Corinthians dit niet uit handen gaat geven). Flamengo het ene jaar kampioen het jaar erop 14de. Nu wordt het dan (verwacht ik) Corinthians. Al hoop ik stiekem nog op Juninho en zijn mannen. We gaan het zien komend weekend. Spannend want ze spelen beide thuis en beide een stadsderby. Met het verschil dat Flamengo moet winnen om 100% zeker te zijn van voorronde copa libertadores.
    Laatst gewijzigd door PanchoVilla; 30 november 2011 om 22:55

Aangemeld
    8 juni 2009
    Leeftijd
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door PanchoVilla Bekijk bericht
    Die Braziliaanse competitie blijft een geval appart. Waar je in europa vaak al van te voren kunt zeggen welke 2 teams om de titel gaan strijden is het in Brazilie puur gissen. Vasco da Gama, 2 jaar terug nog een divisie lager, seizoen daarna 11de en nu titelkandidaat (al denk ik dat Corinthians dit niet uit handen gaat geven). Flamengo het ene jaar kampioen het jaar erop 14de. Nu wordt het dan (verwacht ik) Corinthians. Al hoop ik stiekem nog op Juninho en zijn mannen. We gaan het zien komend weekend. Spannend want ze spelen beide thuis en beide een stadsderby. Met het verschil dat Flamengo moet winnen om 100% zeker te zijn van voorronde copa libertadores.
    Corinthians is ook een keertje gedegradeerd en daarna ging het met de titel vandoor. Maar dit is bij zowat alle Zuid-Amerikaanse competities het geval.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Wederom een grootheid niet meer onder ons.

RIP Socrates

“Football became popular because it was considered an art but pitches now becoming battlefields” – Socrates in 1981.

For the second successive Sunday a football legend has passed away with the news that Brazil legend Socrates has died, aged 57.

Socrates had been ill for a few months and was reported to be in a grave condition in August. He was rushed to hospital on Thursday night after suffering a sceptic shock.

Nicknamed “O Doutor” (“The Doctor”) Socrates was part of the legendary 1982 Brazilian side and also appeared for Botafogo, Corinthians, Fiorentina, Flamengo and Santos.

He also made a 12-minute appearance in 2004 for Garforth Town to go with his 60 caps for Brazil.

In total Socrates played 60 times for Brazil, scoring 6 times and notched four goals in 10 World Cup matches.

Like many of the 1982 World Cup side, Socrates was a fantasy player that inspired many around the world.

The fact he smoked 40 cigarettes a day during his playing career and shared the name with a philosopher only added to his allure.

Laatst gewijzigd door MAGICA; 4 december 2011 om 17:22

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Corinthians gisteren dus kampioen geworden.

São Paulo eye Jadson to replace Rivaldo

With Rivaldo leaving the club at the end of the current campaign, São Paulo are now already working with great haste to bring in a top draw replacement and have set their sights on Brazil international Jadson.
    With the Argentine Cañete injured until July, Lance! maintain that São Paulo have their sights set on a new Number 10 to partner Lucas Moura and with Jadson possessing a '0% chance' of remaining in Brazil, it is he who has become the main target.

Jadson has been central to Shakhtar Donetsk's rise to prominence over recent years, playing as the figure-head of their passing-based, high pressure game.

After a disappointing end to the Copa America, Jadson has struggled with injury and now, with his wife expecting a child, he is looking to move on and progress his career.
    Geweldige voetballer vind ik Jadson, en een grote aanwinst voor elke Braziliaanse club.

Hands off, Milan! Paulinho signs with Corinthians for 2012

Observed by several European clubs over the course of a few months and pursued by AC Milan, it had seemed that Paulinho was a certainty to head for different shores in January.
    However, following Corinthians dramatic final day title win, Paulinho has confirmed that he has signed a new deal with the Paulista club and will remain in Brazil for the 2012 season.

"There have been no other offers," confirmed Paulinho. "I am so grateful for the affection of the fans [who have been shouting for me]."

"It's hard to talk about 2011 and the year that I had. I left Bragantino, a time much smaller than Corinthians, scored eight goals and helped Corinthians become champion of Brazil.

"It has been very rewarding for me and Corinthians. We must really celebrate this title!"

Liedson: We dedicate the title to Socrates

After Corinthians claimed their fifth league title on Sunday with a goalless draw against arch rivals, Palmeiras, the Timao players insisted it was for one of the clubs greatest idols.
    Sunday began with great sorrow for Corinthians after they woke to the news that Socrates had passed away in the early hours of the morning.

However, the tears of the morning soon turned to happiness in the evening when Corinthians won their fifth Brazilian league title on the final day of the Serie A season.

Former Portuguese international, Liedson, insisted that the conquest was dedicated to Socrates.

''He was a great person, a great figure. We dedicate this title to him. It was a simple tribute. May he rest in peace,'' said the Corinthians striker.

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Neymar laat Ronaldinho en Fred achter zich en pakt prestigieuze prijs

Neymar haalde shortlist voor wereldvoetballer van het jaar niet, maar mag zich wel de beste speler uit de Braziliaanse Série A noemen. De aanvaller van Santos eindigde voor Ronaldinho en Fred en won de Bola de Ouro, een prijs die door voetbaltijdschrift Placar wordt uitgereikt aan de speler met het beste gemiddelde in het seizoen. Neymar eindigde met een gemiddelde van 6,81.
    /

Dat lijkt misschien niet bijzonder hoog, maar Placar is kritisch bij haar beoordelingen en de score van Neymar is de hoogste sinds Edilson van Corinthians in 1998 de prijs ontving. De Braziliaanse bond (CBF) komt nog met een eigen prijs voor beste speler van het seizoen: voor deze trofee zijn Neymar, Dedé (Vasco da Gama) en Liedson (Corinthians) genomineerd.

Neymar, die pas in de dertiende speelronde zijn eerste competitieduel van het onlangs afgelopen seizoen speelde wegens verplichtingen in de Copa Libertadores en Copa America, kreeg ook een plekje in het elftal van het jaar. De veelbelovende Santos-dribbelaar vormt een aanvalsduo met Fred, die momenteel bij Flamengo speelt. Ronaldinho staat in het volgens Placar beste team op de flank.
    Dedé vond ik afgelopen seizoen veruit de beste verdediger in de Braziliaanse competitie. Opvallend dat topscorer Borges niet hoog heeft gescoord bij deze verkiezing.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Ronaldinho – all 21 goals for Flamengo in 2011

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Aangemeld
    5 april 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Sanchez confident on signing Montillo

The Corinthians president denies making an offer to Cruzeiro for Walter Montillo, but admits the Paulista club are interested in signing the Argentinian midfielder.
    Andres Sanchez believes the fact that Corinthians will be playing in the Copa Libertadores next season could be enough to persuade Montillo to sign for the 2011 Brazilian league champions.

''Montillo interests Corinthians and every other club in Brazil,'' Sanchez told Globoesporte. ''We feel that if Cruzeiro want to sell him, then we can try and make a composition with him. If he wants to play in the Copa Libertadores, this is a big step.''
    Montillo zou een uitstekende versterking zijn voor Corinthians, Een van de beste middenvelders die er in de Braziliaanse competitie spelen.

Tim Vickery Column: Two handfuls of memories from the Brazilian Championship

BBC Brazilian football correspondant Tim Vickery returns with his weekly column on Sambafoot and this week takes a look back at some of his favourite memories of the 2011 season.
    It’s all over, and I can’t remember enjoying a Brazilian Championship so much for years. On a random and purely personal basis, these were some of my favourite moments.

1 - Palmeiras 1 Botafogo 0.
    This was in the opening round towards the end of May. That night I did a Brazilian TV programme with Marcio Guedes, journalist and veteran Botafogo fan. I remember us talking about how poor the team had been, and that even allowing for the fact that centre forward Abreu was suspended, it was hard to imagine Botafogo scoring a goal. The season was going to be a long slog against relegation.
    We were not even close. Once Caio Junior had sorted the team out Botafogo became a fee scoring side which until a late collapse were even shaping up as title contenders. There aretimes when it’s great to be be proved wrong.

2 - Santos 4 Flamengo 5
    This was the night that I flew back to Rio after covering the Copa America in Argentina. I had had enough of football, and didn’t realy want to see the game - until the drama unfolded and it was impossible not to watch. Neymar against Ronaldinho always promised, but this game more than delivered. Neymar scored a goal that defies belief, and Ronaldinho was at his most cunning, inspiring hopes (not really fulfilled) that he might still get back to his best.

3 - Vasco 4 Gremio 0
    Soon after the Copa I spent a month in London, and came back feeling very out of touch with the Brazilian Championship. Whenever I have been away for a while I have a ritual - catch the 472 bus to Sao Januario, home of Vasco da Gama. It takes you on a winding route through some of the back streets of Sao Cristovao. Confronting you with the realities of big city Brazil. And at the end of the road was Romulo - Vasco’s midfielder gave a display of quiet accomplishment which filled me with hope that I was watching a player of future importance in the national team.

4 - Botafogo 2 Sao Paulo 2
    Simply a great game. Botafogo at the peak of their form, with Elkeson, Maicosuel and Herrera laying on the chances for Abreu, go two up before half time. Abreu misses an easy chance for a third soon after the interval and Sao Paulo hit back, substitute Rivaldo much more collective than in his heyday, organising the ir play and heading an injury time equaliser. There was even time for him to miss a golden chance to score the winner. Many home fans booed at the final whistle - clearly they like Botafogo more than they like football.

5 - Fluminense 3 Coritiba 1
    Because at half time Deco dropped from the top of a midfield diamond to a deeper position, supplying the clarity to turn a 1-1 draw into a 3-1 win - thus disproving the dogma that talented players should always operate close to the opposing goal.

6 - Flamengo 5 Cruzeiro 1
    Because no one who saw the first half hour or so would ever believe the scoreline. Cruzeiro took the lead and then hit the bar twice, one of them from a penalty. Totally outplayed, Flamengo equalised 10 minutes before half time when Deivid’s long shot struck the Cruzeiro bar, hit keeper Fabio on the back and trickled over the line. A tale of two bars and a tale of two halves. After the break it was one way traffic.

7 - Vasco 2 Botafogo 0
    A lesson in football as a dynamic process. Earlier in the season Botafogo won this game 4-0, tearing Vasco apart with long, quick diagonal passes to the flanks. A few months later, in the same stadium, the same teams produced a very different spectacle. Vasco coach Cristovao Borges had done his homework. Bravely he dropped his centre forward and instead concentrated on blocking Botafogo down the flanks. His marking system nearly came unstuck just once, when Elkeson latched on to a cross and fired just wide. After that, though, there was only one side in it, and Vasco’s victory was every bit as convincing as Botafogo’s had been.

8 - Fluminense 5 Gremio 4
    All things have an explanation - with the possible exception of this crazy game. Another inexplicable phenomenon is why Fred has not achieved even more in the game. On tonight’s four goal form, the Fluminense number nine looks on a par with any centre forward in the world.

9 - Vasco 2 Fluminense 1
    Because Bernardo’s injury time winner took the drama to the last round, giving the championship the drama it deserved.

10 - Corinthians 2 Atletico Mineiro 1
    Adriano’s 89th minute winner was the only goal he has scored in 18 months. But if he never kicks another ball for Corinthians then he has already assured himself of a place in the club’s history. His precise cross shot - that left foot of his has always had surprising subtlety as well as raw power - ensured that Corinthians retained their two point margin over Vasco with two rounds to go. Adriano celebrating, overweight and untidy but wild with joy, is one of the most striking images of the 2011 Brazilian Championship.

After sifting though all of these wonderful memories, isn’t it a shame that we have to wait until the end of May for the next version of the Brazilian Championship?
    Laatst gewijzigd door kitno; 8 december 2011 om 01:56

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

The top 5 saves & skills of the 2011 Brazilian season

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Neymar explains why he hasn’t moved to Europe yet in new Guarana ad

The hype surrounding Brazil wonderkid Neymar looks set to go up a notch in the next few days as he competes with Santos in the Club World Cup.

Big-money moves to Real Madrid and Barcelona seem the most likely option for the Brazilian trickster but so far the lure of Europe has been held off.

Soft drinks maker Guarana have looked to cash in on the transfer gossip surrounding Neymar with a new advert just released in Brazil where Neymar explains to singer Thiaguinho why he hasn’t moved from Santos yet.

Although the advert is in Portuguese it needs little explanation and is of course spectacularly cheesy but it does play on Neymar’s love of a step over.

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Watta Bekijk bericht
    Waarom gaat een speler als Conca in vredesnaam naar China?
    Rafael Sobis was wel atlidj een goede spits, ben benieuwd of hij er nog wat van kan!
    Geld heel veel geld!

On 2 July 2011, it was reported that Conca would join Chinese Super League club Guangzhou Evergrande for an annual salary of $10.4 million, putting him among the highest paid players in the world.[4] He scored his first goal for the club in a 5–0 win against Nanchang Hengyuan on 14 July 2011. Conca scored 9 goals in 15 appearances as Guangzhou successfully achieved Super League champion for the first time in the club's history.
    Laatst gewijzigd door MAGICA; 23 december 2011 om 11:26

Aangemeld
    18 november 2006
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reputatiekracht

Standaard

Neymar rolls out the showboats in charity match (Friends of Neymar 6 – Bahia XI 4)
    Salvador played host to a charity match on Thursday featuring Santos wonderkid Neymar and Marta, recognised as the best woman footballer on the planet.

With all the proceeds of the encounter going to charity, Neymar and his cohorts looked to entertain the crowd “have fun and make everyone happy.”

The final scoreline of 6-4 to Friends of Neymar suggests that the crowd got their moneys worth in terms of goals and Marta also got on the scoresheet, from the penalty spot.

Neymar rolled out some pretty nifty showboats during the charity match which can be seen here.

All goals from Friends of Neymar 6 – Bahia XI 4 are on this video.

Pagina 2 van 7 EersteEerste 1234 ... LaatsteLaatste

Onderwerp Informatie